SEA-Teacher Project Batch 5


This blog is intended to share all of my experiences in other country, Thailand.
At the first, I’d like to share about the program which helps me to achieve my dream to go abroad. Here is it.
What is SEA Teacher?
The SEA Teacher Project or the “Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia” is a project that aims to provide opportunity for pre-service student teachers from universities in Southeast Asia to have teaching experiences (practicum) in schools in other countries in Southeast Asia. 
Based on the SEAMEO seven priority areas for the eleven SEAMEO Member countries to work together to improve the quality of education in Southeast Asia, “Revitalizing Teacher Education” is one of the priority areas in building and strengthening capacity of teachers in the region.
Objectives of the Project
1.      To enable pre-service student teachers to develop their teaching skills and pedagogy
2.      To encourage the pre-service student teachers to practice their English skills
3.      To allow the pre-service student teachers to gain a broader regional and world view 
Lessons Learned
·         Students:
o    Should prepare lesson plans, materials and health insurance in advance prior to travel
o    Gain more confident & increase social skills
o    Able to improve their teaching pedagogy

·         Facilitation process:
o    Coordinators play an important role.
o    Mentors who understand the process.
o    Various channels of communication: Line and WhatsApp

Thats the short information about SEA Teacher.

Next, how could I be chosen to be part of SEA-Teacher?

This story actually shows me how the progress will never lie to the result.
The first time I heard about program for students exchange to Thailand because my seniors were sent to Thailand. I was asking them what kind of program it was and what were the keys to be able to pass the selection. From that kind of questions, it has opened my eyes to make it to be my goal.

Day by day, time passed by until the day that I had been waiting for came. The International Office of Lambung Mangkurat University annouced that there was the selection for students exchange to Thailand under SEAMEO for the fourth time. I was really excited since I couldn’t join for the first and the second selection because I was still under semester which wasn’t allowed to join. The third time, I couldn’t join because of some reasons. Finally, the fourth time was my first and last chance to join SEA-Teacher since I was at the end of 7th semester. It would be impossible for me to join SEA-Teacher up to 7th semester. For these reasons, I had been working and practicing everything related of this selection, hoping that I would be chosen. Practice and pray are always be the keys for all the dreams. Finally, I made it. Allah answered my pray. Yes, I was chosen. I couldn’t hold my tears. I was crying over and over again. Having been waiting for so long and finally its my turn. Thailand, I’m coming.


It felt like a dream, but its real. Whoever who will read this. Trust me. If you dream about something. Please, never lose hope. what you have to do just practice, pray, and WAIT. Give everything to Allah. He knows what is the best, when is the best time, and best of the best for you. <3

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Introduction of SSRU

Evaluation Time